Promotion to visit state museums for free
Do you know that you are still in time to benefit from the promotion that will allow you visit the state museums for free of Spain during the current month of February?
Indeed, the network of museums dependent on culture Ministry they are carrying out a promotion through social networks, and specifically, the Facebook page Our Museums, for which you can download coupons that will allow you to benefit from these free visits.
In total 15 museums participate in this promotion, among which the Sorolla, America or Romanticism museums in Madrid, or the Altamira museum, the Roman art museum of Mérida or the Sephardic museum of Toledo.
Below you have the complete list:
- in Madrid: Cerralbo Museum, Museum of America, Costume Museum, National Museum of Anthropology, National Museum of Decorative Arts, Museum of Romanticism and Sorolla Museum
- in Cantabria: Altamira Museum
- in Extremadura: National Museum of Roman Art in Mérida
- in Murcia: National Museum of Underwater Archeology of Cartagena
- in Toledo: El Greco Museum and Sephardic Museum
- in Valencia: National Museum of Ceramics and Sumptuary Arts “González Martí”
- in Valladolid: Cervantes House Museum and National Sculpture Museum
To benefit from this offer, you must have a profile on Facebook and then go to that page Our Museums, where should you click on I like it.
Then you must authorize the application to connect, and you can now select the museum and the date you want to visit it, after which you can download a coupon with free admission.
If you want to be accompanied by other people, keep in mind that everyone must have their own profile on Facebook to do the same operation separately.
Sephardic Museum in Toledo
As for the most visited state museums in 2012, the ranking is led by the Sephardic Museum of Toledo, with 295,000 visitors. Also noteworthy in this regard are the Altamira museum in Cantabria (256,000), the Roman art museum of Mérida (191,000), the Greco de Toledo museum (174,000) and the Sorolla museum in Madrid (173,000).
I remind you that you still have until February 28 to be able to visit state museums for free.